Below is a list of errors that I have found in the 2007 instruction revision contained in the Dumas F4U Corsair kit. Some are typos, some copy & paste errors, and some refer to the wrong parts.
- Step 3 of the "FUSELAGE" section should read "...into the deep notches in Formers 7 through 9".
- Steps 12 through 23 of the section "WING" should be titled "OUTER WING PANELS" and not "CENTER SECTION".
- Step 21 of the "WING" section should read "Cement the wire gear to A7 and A6."
- Step 22 of the "WING" section should read "Sand down A7 to match the thickness of the 1/32" dia. wire."
- Step 18 of the "WING" section should also direct the modeler to sand the trailing edge.
- Between steps 19 and 20 of the "WING" section should be a step that reads "Cement the two outer panels to the center section." (see step 9 of the original instructions)
- The section discussing covering using a glue stick has a portion that mentions brushing a glue mixture on the outer edges of flying surfaces (should say to use the glue stick on those areas).
- No guidance is ever given regarding installing the tail wheel and hook assembly.
Please email me if anything needs to be added to or edited on this list.